If you'd like to upgrade the prison library and improve the reading list for Political Prisoner Professor Bob Lovelace, here's how…
What to do:
Put your books in a box. Write ATTENTION LIBRARIAN on the top.
You MUST INCLUDE YOUR RETURN ADDRESS. Put a note inside that says, "FROM A FRIEND OF PROFESSOR BOB LOVELACE."
Central East Correctional Centre
541 Highway 36
Lindsay Ontario K9V 4S6
Rules must be followed or your parcel will be rejected. All books must be SOFT COVER except current bestseller fiction.
TYPE OF PRIMARILY SOFT COVER BOOKS REQUESTED:
1. No violent topics, especially no violence toward women or children. No serial killers, NO true crime, no gore and mayhem.
2. CURRENT BEST SELLERS. May be hardcover; Tom Clancy, Grisham and other best selling current FICTION.
3. CLASSIC NOVELS and CURRENT FICTION novels or poetry. Bob is likely to enjoy these. e.g. Dickens, T.S. Eliot, Twain, Browning, Woolf. and new authors.
4. ADVENTURE. Jack London, mountain climbers, etc.
5. TEEN books. The Little Prince, Jonathon Livingston Seagull and other uplifting or inspiring FICTION stories.
7. FANTASY. Harry Potter, dragons, Camelot, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
8. No romance, NO non-fiction, no science fiction, dark and gloomy, or westerns needed.
Fiction novels by or about people of color would be excellent. Cry the Beloved Country for instance or any of the wonderful new novels coming out of the Middle East, India and the Orient. One Hundred Years of Solitude is a great Hispanic novel. So keep those in mind. Bob has done a lot of volunteer work to improve prisons. He will be really touched we help him, but even more pleased that your donations will improve the library for everyone. Many prisoners, but not all, have limited education so donate a reading range if you can.
Whether you send one book or ten, it's wonderful, and thank you.